Just an update that I do not feel any better. I had the small bowel follow through which was normal. Said they didn't see anything. My ANA test was normal. My CRP Rate was normal. It used to be high so that is good. My Celiac Panel was in normal range, both IGA and IGG. Woohoo! As stated previously, my Sed Rate was high both times taken. That's the only thing abnormal so far.
The rheumatologist ended up with the flu and had to cancel. I rescheduled and he was still sick with the flu. I then just went in to see my GP because I was in so much pain that I could not wait. My GP looks at my labs and did a tender test on me again poking me everywhere and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I was given Cymbalta, but I couldn't take it. It really weirded me out. My pupils dilated like an alien and I was knocked out within 2 hours of taking it for 8 hours, slept the night, and then back to a nap when I woke up again - among some other symptoms. I was then given Gabapentin, but I stopped taking that now, too. It does seem to help with the pain some for the few days I took it - toward the end anyway, but it seems to bring me down into the dumps. Makes me feel really not like myself, again, and wanting to be impatient and pull my hair and cry and mopey - just depressed, so I stopped it. I did some research and went to Walgreens and got myself some Sam-e, Magnesium, Garlic, to couple with the multi-vitamin I already take with 1000 IU of D3 to keep my vitamin D up, plus the probiotic I take. I seem to be doing ok on this so far. It's not the best and I'm still in a lot of pain, but at least I have my head about me. I read I would need 800mg a day and I'm only at 400mg starting, we we'll see.
Right now I am battling a severe stomach upset for the last 2 days. I don't know if it's something I ate, got a bug, or the Sam-e doesn't agree with me and I have to go back to the drawing board. At any rate, I'm trying to get through it. Hope I don't need to call the Dr. back.
My biggest concern right now is just the Sed Rate being high for almost 2 years now and fibro doesn't show an elevated sed rate. My GP said I wouldn't have to go back to the rheumotologist now, but I'm wondering if I really need to in order to find out what the cause of that inflammation is and to get it treated as I feel masking the pain doesn't really resolve the underlying issue. GP said I could have inflammation anywhere in the body because of all my issues. Not sure what to do. Keep trying different meds or go back to the rheumy...