Trust me , I feel alot better than I did 6 months ago..I weighed 20 pounds less than I do now, wanted to sleep all the time, no energy, and red blood cell count was way down, felt like I was freezing all the time..None of those problems now since going gluten free.
Oh boy. You need a better GI doctor.
(1) blunting of the villi IS celiac disease. That IS your Diagnosis.
(2) the doctor is an asshat and should have told you more than "avoid wheat", since gluten is also in rye, barley and contaminated oats and other things that are cross-contaminated.
YOU NEED a CELIAC savvy--GI to take care of you! You are going to need follow up care for life.
(3) an allergy is ENORMOUSLY different from celiac disease (it is a misnomer that celiac is a "gluten allergy" -it is an autoimmune disease, not an allergy )
(4) I have celiac and I do not register on any skin prick tests as having a wheat "allergy". These are two different mechanisms.
Please, read about celiac disease so you know what you are dealing with.
I know you still do not feel well, but it could be because you are only avoiding wheat. There is a lot more involved than that, hon.
williamp302Member Since 18 Jul 2012
Offline Last Active Jul 27 2012 12:20 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 4
- Profile Views 334
- Member Title New Community Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
williamp302 hasn't added any friends yet.