I got rid of all of my contaminated cookware, replacing it with new stuff, and washed everything in the house. His stomach issues have gotten much better, but he’s been going through some things. I just want to make sure this is indeed normal and that I’m doing all I can to support him.
- Is always tired and can often sleep for up to 13 hours a day. If I wake him, he feels drained and grouchy.
- Doesn’t feel full from a meal unless it has a significant amount of proteins and fats.
- Has mood swings. He often gets angry over small things or seems to go through waves of depression.
- Feels better one day, goes to bed and wakes up feeling worse.
- Doesn’t want to exercise or do anything that requires exertion.
- Let him sleep when he needs it.
- Feed him lean meats with some fats (avocado or olive oil) at every meal.
- Plan to encourage him to start taking short walks with me to get more sunlight and light exercise.
- Try to stay positive about everything and do my best not to agitate him when he’s feeling grouchy.
- Eat a completely gluten-free diet with him.
I’m just looking for some guidance. I want to do everything I can to help him, and I’m trying to, but I’m just checking that none of it is actually hurting more than helping (letting him sleep, for example).
If it matters, he’s in his mid-20’s.