Jump to content

Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            




   arrowShare this page:
   

   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

 
Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    


Jrg

Member Since 15 Aug 2013
Offline Last Active Aug 27 2013 08:50 AM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: What Would You Do?

21 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thank you everyone. I went ahead with the endoscopy today, so now I'll just wait for my biopsy results 😁

In Topic: What Would You Do?

19 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

That's not the same as your insurance won't pay for it. So an appeal wouldn't make any sense.


Well I didn't suggest an appeal. I said that my insurance wasn't going to cover it. I was originally told that it wouldn't be a problem & I would just have to pay a copay, so now that I found out I will have to cover the full amount I'm just wondering what people would do. I'm torn as to whether I should go through w/it or just take my blood results & vitamin/iron deficiencies & just assume to go gluten free to see what happens.

In Topic: What Would You Do?

19 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Have your GI contest that by giving the insurance company more info? It might delay it a couple of weeks but that is what most doctors offices do.


They said it was because I hadn't reached my deductible for this year yet. I thought an endoscopy would fall under a different category but it doesn't so I'm not sure if contesting it will do any good.

In Topic: Second Guessing Diagnosis

15 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thank you everyone! Yes, I'll definitely be chowing down on gluten before my intestinal check! Now that I look back at my labs, my Ttg levels were very low, in the .7-1 so perhaps I just didn't have much gluten in my system? Either way, I feel more at ease with my blood work and will just try and be patient during this last testing phase.