I just a heard a cleaning tip for cleaning up after basement floods..... Old fashioned (non cream) 30 volume hair peroxide. Mix 1/4 part peroxide to 3/4 water in a spray bottle. Wear gloves and mist onto the moistened areas. Leave the area for a while. Come back and wipe off. Supposed to be as effective as bleach for stopping mold growth, without the nasty bleach fumes.
If law prohibits you from buying this product, ask a hairdresser to help you. (Really, hairdressers really don't like using this old fashion developer. Rarely have it in salons now days, so believe the person if they tell you they don't have it.)
I heard this from a person that was plagued with basement floods. She has had to replace basement walls and such from mold growth after floods, and now swears by this treatment.