Points Credit : No points awarded for discounted products.
Gluten-Free Diet – A Comprehensive Resource Guide was written for those with celiac disease or its skin form, dermatitis herpetiformis, who must follow a strict gluten-free diet for life. This book provides practical information, in an easy-to-read format, about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. It is also a valuable resource for:
- Family members and caregivers of those with celiac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis
- Dietitians, nutritionists, physicians, nurses and other health practitioners
- Educators in health science, food service and culinary programs
- Food manufacturers – research and development staff and consumer representatives
- Chefs, cooks, servers and other food-service staff
- Managers of grocery, health food and specialty food stores
Gluten-Free Diet Provides:
- Safe foods/ingredients and those to avoid
- Meal plans, recipes, cooking hints and substitutions
- Nutrition information & practical strategies for healthy gluten-free living
- Over 3,100 gluten-free specialty foods listed by company and product name
- Directory of more than 270 American, Canadian and International gluten-free food companies
The information in this book has been exhaustively researched from a wide variety of sources believed to be reliable and representative of the best current scientific research and opinions on the subject at the time of printing. These sources include health professionals; food scientists; agricultural specialists; culinary experts; medical, dietetic and food science/technology organizations; governmental departments; food manufacturers and associations; and celiac organizations. Information from these sources was obtained through personal communication (telephone, email and/or mail), the internet, and libraries. Textbooks, manuals, books, position papers, journal articles, professional and trade magazines, newsletters and product labels were used as references. The author does not endorse any products or resources in this Guide. Inclusion of brand-name products and resources is strictly for information purposes. Please notify the author if you learn that information in this Guide has changed, so that the changes can be included in future revisions.
Category: Celiac Disease Books and gluten free books.