YOUR PRICE: $20.97 was
Whether you are a healthcare professional or have celiac disease yourself, this is a valuable reference that will help you understand the disorder, its symptoms and how to treat them.
This book will help you understand celiac disease, its symptoms both before and after diagnosis, and how to treat them.
Recognizing Celiac Disease is 100% based on documented medical research.
- Explains GLUTEN, GLUTEN sources in food, how GLUTEN triggers harmful reactions in your body and the difference between CELIAC DISEASE and GLUTEN SENSITIVITY.
- Gives you a concise yet comprehensive overview of celiac disease including background, prevalence, pathophysiology (how it alters your normal body processes), symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Also includes which vitamins/minerals your doctor needs to test you for at diagnosis.
- Describes the human digestive process and how GLUTEN disrupts both organ structure and function.
- Teaches you the 3-Step Process for successfully beginning and maintaining the GLUTEN-FREE DIET.
- Lists foods and ingredients commonly allowed and not allowed on a GLUTEN-FREE DIET.
- Contains charts that detail the nutrient deficiencies GLUTEN causes, symptoms, research study findings & case reports, response to GLUTEN-FREE DIET, and lists of foods with the highest sources of each nutrient so you can build a diet that meets your individual needs.
- Contains charts of over 300 health problems caused by GLUTEN, symptoms, prevalence, description, causes including nutritional deficiencies and whether they respond to the GLUTEN-FREE DIET.
"Thanks again for the help and for that book. Best 35 bucks I ever spent! I've been reading it the past 2 days and have learned so much from it. I think I should mail a copy to my doctor!!" - Christie B., Fresno, CA
"I highly recommend this book to not only someone diagnosed with Celiac's disease but I also think every physician, hospital and medical provider should have and read this book. This should be required reading for all medical students! I only wish this book had been available 10 years ago or before... This is by far the most comprehensive and helpful book on the topic. 5 STARS!!!" -Suzanne R., Sterling, VA
"Recognizing Celiac Disease should be on the shelf of every family affected by celiac disease as well as the health professionals caring for them." - Gastroenterology Nursing Magazine, September/October 2007.
"Recognizing Celiac Disease is a useful reference that will serve as a helpful tool for health care providers and anyone diagnosed with the disease." -Stefano Guandalini, M.D. Professor of Pediatrics, University of Chicago Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Chicago Children's Hospital Founder and Medical Director, The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center.
"This masterful, comprehensive and easy-to-use resource guide will go a long way in helping folks restore their health and regain their lives, a goal we share. Recognizing Celiac Disease has a permanent place on my desk and I definitely will recommend this well-researched reference manual to healthcare professionals and patients alike."
Founder and Executive Director,
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.
"This manual will serve as an excellent informational reference for our membership, as well as physicians, dietitians and other health care professionals. The presentation provides useful, reliable, easy-to-understand health and diet information to supplement the information from one's health team."
-Mary A. Schluckebier, BS, MA,
Celiac Sprue Association - USA.
"Recognizing Celiac Disease is an excellent up to date and most comprehensive manual that is based on The National Institutes of Health sponsored Consensus Development Conference of June 2004.
This work delivers an overview of celiac disease with a concise picture of the pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, diagnostic tools and treatment of celiac disease. Most of all, it expands on the nutritional deficiencies and complications of this disease, emphasizing the dietary management of these patients.
This work will serve as an excellent reference to physicians, medical students, dietitians, patients and the general public as well."
-Kenneth R. Falchuk, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School. Senior Gastroenterologist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
"I loved your book! I thought it was very comprehensive and detailed. The resources all in one place are amazing! Thank you!"