I haven't had pancakes in over a year. I have tried many gluten-free, vegan pancake recipes only to end up throwing out a big pile of goo; which is why when I discovered this recipe, I was elated! Not only does this gluten-free vegan pancake recipe actually work, it makes delicious pancakes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and low glycemic. I really like that this recipe does not call for egg replacer like so many other vegan pancake recipes. I accidentally added 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar instead of 3 teaspoons, but my pancakes still turned out delicious. I saved some batter and used it to make biscuits which also turned out fabulous!
Allergen-Free Whole-Grain Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- 1¾ Cups Rice milk
- ⅓ Cup Grapeseed oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 3 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Aluminum/ Gluten-Free Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- Dash Himalayan Salt- or salt of your choice
- Add rice milk to a medium glass bowl, stir in ¼ cup grape seed oil, flax seed, agave, vinegar, and vanilla.
- In a large glass bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Heat your pan over medium heat and oil the pan.
- Pour about ⅓ cup the batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until the outside edge begins to look brown, and bubbles break on the surface of the batter, approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other sides for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.