Here's a fun n' tasty Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipe for Apple Pumpkin Strudel that is quite unique from your traditional apple pie or apple crumble....perfect for the holidays or for a casual dinner party dessert. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Apple Strudel
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Makes 8 Strudels
- 8 large organic Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1/6 tsp. all-spice
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh organic lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free almond extract
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar and rosemary. Add sliced apples and pumpkin puree; spread evenly.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt and orange zest. Add orange juice, almond extract and egg; mix well to combine and form a mealy texture. Transfer mixture on top of apples in the baking dish. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.
Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.