Celiac.com 08/25/2018 - Meat makes a great anchor for so many good salads. You’ve got your chicken Caesar, you’ve got your steak salad. This recipe lets you turn a corner and head into fresh territory with ground pork. This simple, easy gluten-free salad is sure to gain fans at your next food gathering. The recipe blends browned ground pork with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili pepper and a few other things to make some culinary magic.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili (seeded if desired), finely chopped
- 2½ tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 English or Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh mint
Brown ground pork in cast-iron skillet in canola oil, 7 minutes. Toss with garlic, red chili, and 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger. Remove from heat and toss with 2½ tablespoons lime juice and 1 gluten-free soy sauce.
In a bowl, stir together 2½ tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce, ½ tablespoon grated ginger and sugar. Toss with cucumber and scallions, and then fold in the cilantro and mint.
Serve with pork over rice.