I've been eating more protein and less carbs lately, so this was a perfect addition to my lunch routine. It also happens to be deliciously gluten-free.
- 10-12 ounces of canned albacore tuna in water, drained
- 8-10 small radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- wedges of sweet lime, as garnish
Mix sugar into rice vinegar until dissolved.
Place the drained tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chile, vegetable oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl.
Gently toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate until serving.
Serve chilled with lettuce and topped with cilantro and green onions. Add squeezed lime as desired.