Celiac.com 01/20/2015 - Tackle the game day potluck with this easy, delicious taco salad that will have guests asking for the recipe, and will likely be gone well before halftime.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-2 large avocados, pitted, pealed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup tomato salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 cans (16 ounces) kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (12-½ ounces) Cool Ranch Doritos, or other gluten-free flavor
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free taco seasoning
- ½-¼ cup Ranch salad dressing, or sour cream to taste
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 8-10 limes cut into wedges
- cilantro as garnish
Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain off fat. Stir in the taco seasoning. Add a tablespoon of water, stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl.
Stir the hot sauce into the salad dressing/sour cream, and then mix with the rest of the salad.
Just before serving, add the taco chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Garnish with cilantro.
Top each serving with sliced avocado, salsa and a lime wedge.
Serve with tortilla chips.