These Chewy Cherry Cocoa Scones will knock your socks off! They're gluten-free and dairy-free and vegan so they're sure to please everyone in your home. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free cereal, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. dried cherries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder and sea salt into a medium mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add in vegan butter; continue to mix.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together maple syrup, milk and almond extract. Add to dry ingredients; mix well with hands until mixture thickens. Add zucchini, chia seeds, crushed cereal and dried cherries; continue to mix.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out golf ball-sized portions onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.