Celiac.com 11/27/2020 - Summer has given away, and autumn is definitely beckoning with its crisp air and shortening days. Celebrate the transition with this simple, yet tasty salad that offers the best of summer and fall in one nutritious bowl. Dried cranberries, chunks of sweet, crunchy apple, and a dash of toasted pumpkin seeds bring out the flavors of fall to this crisp green salad.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens or red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, shelled and toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
Combine the first six ingredients.
To make dressing, pulse next seven ingredients in a blender, covered, until well mixed.
While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Toast pumpkin seeds by baking them in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat, stirring gently, until lightly toasted.