Celiac.com 10/26/2019 - This easy to make gluten-free taco casserole will be a major hit on taco night. A blend of gluten-free taco seasoning, ground beef, cheese, pinto beans, corn, and tortilla chips, this casserole comes together in a snap and is sure to please.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 packet McCormick Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix or the homemade version below
- 1 16 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 11 ounce can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1¼ cup lightly crushed gluten-free tortilla chips
Heat oven to 400°F.
Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain away fat.
Stir in seasoning mix, beans, tomato sauce and corn.
Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
Simmer 5 minutes, then spoon into 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with desired toppings.
Want to make your own gluten-free taco seasoning?
Homemade Taco Seasoning Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder*
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Mix ingredients in a bowl and place in a jar to use as needed.
*Note: For less spicy taco mix, cut back on the chili powder.