Celiac.com 04/02/2015 - A good pot roast is a thing of beauty that will delight most any eater, and provide a generous amount of leftovers for days to come.
This recipe delivers a slow-cook pot roast that is as effortless to make as it is tender and delicious to eat.
- 5-6 pound pot roast
- 2½ cups gluten-free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce gluten-free “Just Like Lipton’s” dry onion soup mix
- 1½ cups water
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 bottle Redbridge gluten-free beer, optional
Coat pot roast with gluten-free onion soup mix.
In a large bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup, beer and water. (If using beer, reduce water by equal amount). Add mix to slow cooker.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.