Celiac.com 12/08/2015 - If you're looking for a zesty alternative to standard beef, consider this easy flank steak marinated in gluten-free beer and Sriracha Rooster sauce.
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut against the grain in 1 inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup gluten-free dark or amber beer
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha or similar red pepper hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
Bamboo skewers, pre-soaked.
If you're using something other than original Sriracha Rooster sauce, then be sure to work out the sugar-spice-vinegar-salt balance.
Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
Place flank steak strips in a resealable plastic bag or glass container with a lid.
Pour marinade over and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
About a half hour before grilling remove steak from marinade; discard the marinade.
Slide strips onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Grill on barbecue to desired doneness. Serve with gluten-free beer and your favorite chips for a great snack.
Or, if you're feeling bold, serve it with this spicy green chile dipping sauce.
Spicy Green Chile Sauce
- 1 poblano pepper, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, stemmed coarsely chopped
- 1 green serrano pepper, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Place peppers, shallot, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Add cilantro, parsley, vinegar, cumin and salt. Briefly pulse to combine.
Transfer to a glass jar. Pour olive oil over to cover.
Note: If peppers are too spicy, remove seeds before processing.