Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Bake time for muffins: 20 - 24 minutes
Makes 2 dozen muffins or 1 loaf of banana bread
Note: When using the same batter for banana bread, the top does get bread brown quite easily; however, it is extremely moist inside.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature or 1/2 cup of oil
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs*
- 1 ½ cup of Silkie flour mix (1/3 cup each of brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca flour, ¼ cup each of corn starch, 1/8 cup each of sorghum flour and potato starch)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed rip bananas (3 medium size)
- ½ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375, for muffins, apply paper liner or spray oil to the muffins tin; for bread, use butter or oil spray to gease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter or oil, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat to blend.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together silkie flour mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture and mix until the ingredients combined.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts.
- For Muffin, fill each muffins tin abut 2/3 full and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top of the batter. Bake the muffin until golden brown on top. It should take about 20 - 24 minutes depending on the oven.
- For bread, pour the batter and fill the prepared loaf pan. Bake the bread for 1 hrs to 1 hr 10 mins until the bread is cooked. Note: the bread does get brown easily, so cover the top with foil after 20 mins of baking.
- Let the muffins and bread rest for 10 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.