- 2 large sweet potatoes, grated
- 1 cup Nearly Normal All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour*
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash ground pepper
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk or plain milk + 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Canola oil for frying
*The recipe for my Nearly Normal All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour may be found in my cookbook, Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating, and in various media links on my website. You may also purchase a pre-mixed, patent-pending version of the flour there as well.
Wash and grate sweet potatoes (skin on) in a food processor.
In a large bowl, combine Nearly Normal All Purpose Flour, sugar, baking powder and spices. Add in the eggs and milk to the dry ingredients, then add the grated potatoes to the batter. If it is too thick, add more milk.
Heat the oil to 375-400F in an electric skillet or deep skillet over a medium high flame. When hot, drop approximately 2 tablespoons of batter in circles and thin by spreading with the backside of a spoon. Cook each pancake until lightly browned on each side, flipping to cook both sides evenly. Remove with a slotted spatula onto a paper towel lined plate to cool. Serve warm with your accompaniment of choice.
- Mango salsa (page 15 Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating)
- Sour cream
A finished Sweet Potato Latke (Gluten-Free)