This recipe comes to us from Karen Sirois.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft shortening
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
Stir in: (heres where it gets personal)
- 2¼ to 2½ cups brown rice flour (I started with 2 and ¼,
added a little more till the consistency looked right to me)
- 2 tablespoons of xanthan gum
- 3 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
When you have the consistency looking right to you, add ¾ to 1 cup chopped nuts. Bake about 60 minutes (I started checking mine at 50 minutes...when a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean its done). As with all rice flour baked goods, it slices a lot cleaner when its cooled.