Here's a fun fall dessert to serve as the leaves start to fall and the weather begins to turn a bit brisk. I've also made a tasty Apple Pistachio Crisp on my website if you're more an apple fan than a pear fan!
- 2 Tbsp. stevia or other sugar substitute
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 5 fresh pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour such as Better Batter
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats such as Bob's Red Mill
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt such as So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine stevia, 1 tablespoon melted butter, cinnamon and orange zest. Add pears; gently toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pistachios, oats, and remaining butter. Using your fingers, mix to form a crumb consistency. Sprinkle crumbs over apples. Drizzle with freshly squeezed orange juice. Cover and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with dairy-free yogurt. Enjoy!