This is a recipe that you can't go wrong with. Easy to make, lightand healthy, no refined sugar, gluten, eggs, or dairy. What awonderful way to use all the berries that are popping up this summer.Try this recipe as it is written, or substitute with whatever berriesare abundant in your area.Blueberry Honey Pie with Honey Whipped Cream and Raspberries (Gluten-Free)
Blueberry Filling Ingredients:
- 6 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup honey
- 2tablespoons + 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup raspberriesfor topping
- pinch salt
To make filling:
- In a large saucepan, mix blueberries, honey, and salt.
- Add waterto arrowroot powder in a small bowl and blend.
- Add toblueberry mixture; blend. Stirring often, cook over medium-high heatuntil mixture is bubbly and arrowroot-water mixture turns blueberrycolor, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Cool slightly and pour into your already prepared pie crust.
- Chill at least an hour.
- Serve with honey whipped cream.
Honey Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup coconut “cream,” from a chilled can of full-fat coconutmilk
- ¼ cup honey
To make whipped cream:
- The day before you plan to make this pie, chill one can of coconutmilk, your mixing bowl, and beaters in refrigerator. Skim about onecup of the “cream” off the top. Add the coconut cream to achilled bowl.
- Whip coconut cream with chilled beaters until it reaches itswhipped cream state. Gradually add honey.
- Whip again until it turnsto whipped cream with at least soft peaks remaining when you stopwhipping.
- Spoon onto chilled pie, leaving a perimeter of blueberriesexposed. (Chill whipped cream if you are not topping your pieimmediately.)
- Top whipped cream with raspberries.
Raw Nut Crust:
The following raw crust recipe is ahealthy alternative to flour crusts. However, you can use yourfavorite crust for this recipe and it will be just as good.
- 2 cups finely ground raw soaked almonds
- ⅓ cup honey (or agavenectar)
To make crust:
- Combine 2 cups finely ground raw almonds and ⅓ cup honey inmixing bowl.
- Press into lightly greased 5-inch pie dish.
- Fill pie crust with berry filling and top with honey whipped cream and berries.
- Serve chilled and enjoy a little piece of heaven!