Fresh strawberry pie always reminds me of summer. Whenever I go into a grocery store and see those fresh strawberry pies sitting in the pastry case, I drool and of course, I keep walking. Finding a gluten-free strawberry pie is not easy, but the following recipe will make up for that as it is very easy to make. This strawberry pie recipe is a cinch to prepare, and I guarantee it will taste better than anything you can find at the store.Fresh Strawberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-Free Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup melted margarine
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the margarine, cheese, and sour cream.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll out dough on rice-floured plastic as it may be sticky. Note: Using a second piece of plastic keeps it from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Transfer to your pie pan/plate and flute the edges. Note: The edges tend to cook fast. To avoid burning the pie crust, gentlly wrap the edges in foil before baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow pie crust to cool before filling.
Fresh Strawerry Filling:
- 1 quart fresh, organic strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a sauce pan, put 1 cup sliced berries, ½ cup sugar, salt, and ¼ cup water. Bring to boil.
- Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining water. Add to sauce pan.
- Return to heat. Stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix into remaining fresh berries.
In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar.
Spread cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the cooked, cooled pie crust.
Add berry mixture on top.
Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Articles linking to this article: GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY PANCAKE DELIGHT