2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons orange peel, fresh or dried
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup walnuts, shelled
¼ cup water or rice milk
¼ cup olive oil
1 - 15 ounce can apricot in juice (or unsweetened pineapple)
4 large carrots
- Blend dry ingredients and nuts.
- Puree carrots and apricots and juice in blender or food processor (with orange peel).
- In small bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix by hand – do not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake at 400F for about 18 minutes.