Celiac.com 07/30/2016 - Try using the new brown paper muffin holders that you can now buy in stores that reach over the top of the muffin holder. Bake at 375F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 1 Cup margarine or butter softened or melted
- 1 ½ Cup sugar or 3/4 Cup sugar and 1/4 Cup of honey
- 2 eggs - whisked
- 1 Cup crushed and drained pineapple
- 1 Cup chopped dates
- 1 Cup raisins
- 2 Cups of mashed bananas (I use ripe ones; it is easier)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
These last four ingredients you can mixed together in a bowl first before adding to remaining mixture:
- 3 Cups White Flour ( I have tired both King Arthur Four and Cloud 9 Flour, both work well)
- 2 tsp. Soda
- 21 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
Don't beat the heck out of these muffins, but ensure there is no mixture left unturned.
Spoon into the large muffin tins and set your timer for 20 - 25 mins. To start. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before you take them out of the pan. My non-celiac husband likes to heat them hot with butter on which increases the calories, but then he can burn them off!