These savory muffins make the perfect dessert, or just have them for a snack!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups salsa, for serving
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with remaining ingredients, except chives and salsa; mix well to combine.
Transfer quinoa mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove quinoa muffins from the muffin cups.
Transfer to a serving platter; serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of salsa for dipping.