I love Brussels sprouts! I may be the minority....but if you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do, then you will likely love this recipe too. This is a very easy recipe and it can be eaten as a meal or served as a side dish, served warm or cold.Serving Size: 4 (as a side) or 2 (as an entree)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 cup chopped kale (optional)
- ½ - ¾ Cup Pine nuts (raw or lightly roasted)
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Saute all but pine nuts over medium heat until bright color develops and the sprouts are tender.
- Add pine nuts and cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!