Celiac.com 11/03/2018 - I’ve been looking for new ways to enjoy Brussels sprouts lately. This recipe is simple to make and packed with deliciousness. All you need is some some good ham, a leek, orange juice, cider vinegar, salt pepper and olive oil, and wham, you’ve got a great start to a tasty dinner.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed; halved if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced good quality country ham
- 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Fill a large stock pot about half way with water, add a teaspoon or two of salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Add sprouts and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until crisp, but fork tender.
Drain sprouts into a colander, discarding the cooking water.
Return empty pot to heat and reduce heat to medium-high.
Add olive oil, ham, leek, salt and pepper.
Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until leeks are just tender.
Add sprouts; cook and stir for 2 minutes more or until heated through.
Drizzle with orange juice and vinegar, and toss until coated. Transfer to a serving dish.
Cover sprouts with pan juices and serve.