Celiac.com 09/30/2017 - This delicious pork roast combines cranberry sauce and orange zest with mustard, ginger and apples to deliver an entree to remember.
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 14 ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1½ teaspoons grated orange zest
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup shallots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot waterâ€¨, more cornstarch as needed
In the slow cooker, place cranberry sauce, grated orange zest, ginger, orange juice, shallots, cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard
Season the pork roast all over with salt and pepper and place it in the slow cooker. Spoon some of the sauce over the roast.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is fork-tender.
Add the apples during the last hour of cooking.
When pork is fork tender, put it on a carving board, tent it with foil, and let is rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
While the pork rests, stir the cornstarch mixture, little by little, into the sauce and cook about 8-10 minutes until thickened.
Serve the pork slices with a spoonful of sauce and apples on top.
Reserve the remaining sauce, and use to top pork, as desired.
Serve with vegetables and rice for a great meal.