Celiac.com 10/30/2014 - As much as you might love Halloween, you just can’t (or shouldn’t) have candy for dinner. When dinner time comes, consider whipping up this delightfully hearty pumpkin chili.
- 2½ cups cubed lean beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cubed avocado, lime wedges, sliced radishes, sliced cabbage, sliced green onions, and whole yogurt or sour cream
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until tender.
Add garlic, and cook another minute or so.
Transfer to a large slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours.
Serve with avocado, lime wedges, sliced radishes, sliced cabbage, sliced green onions, and whole yogurt or sour cream. Goes great alone with toasted gluten-free bread, or over rice.