Celiac.com 06/24/2014 - I love pickling and marinating things. Lately, I’ve been pickling vegetables like cucumbers, turnips, and marinating everything from fish and chicken to mushrooms and pork.
- 2 thick bone-in pork chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup fresh seedless raspberry pureé
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- Generous dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Use a strainer and a whisk over a bowl to de-seed fresh raspberries for enough raspberry pureé to make 1 cup.
Whisk raspberry pureé, lemon juice, salt, ginger, and pepper together in a bowl; add pork chops and turn to coat.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but ideally overnight.
Remove pork from the marinade and shake to remove any extra liquid. Toss out the remaining marinade.
Grill at 425 Fahrenheit, 3-5 minutes on each side until done. Serve with rice and vegetables for a lean, healthy, delicious meal.