Celiac.com 06/27/2016 - Here is the Potato Crusted Quiche Breakfast Casserole that my Significant Other came up with.
Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6 medium red potatoes (shredded)
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Onions (diced) x2
- 1 1/2 Cup Diced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Carrots (Shredded)
- 5-6 Strips Bacon
- 4 oz. Medium Cheddar Cheese x2 (Shredded)
- 12 Large or Jumbo Eggs (1 dozen-Well Beaten)
- 1 Cup Half and Half Cream
Bake bacon in preheated oven at 350F on a rack over jelly roll pan until bacon is crisp, set aside In a mixing bowl.
Mix the 6 shredded medium red potatoes, 1/2 cup diced onions, and 3 tablespoons almond flour mix well.
Coat bottom and sides of a 9x13 glass pan with the olive oil, put potato mixture into pan and press into sides and bottom to make a thick crust, then put the glass pan with potato mixture into 350F oven (can be baked at same time while bacon is baking) for 20 -25 minutes, until potatoes are slightly crispy.
While that/those is/are baking...in a mixing bowl beat the 12 eggs then add 1 cup half and half cream, together mix well.
Crumble 5-6 strips cooked bacon, put into mixing bowl, then add 1/2 cup onions, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, 4oz. cheddar cheese mix then add all to the egg mixture and pour over potatoes. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until knife test comes out clean.
Then put remaining 4 oz. cheddar cheese onto casserole and bake until the cheese is golden brown. Serve and eat.
- Articles linking to this article: Savory Breakfast Porridge with Soft Egg and Pea Shoots (Gluten-Free)