Celiac.com 11/02/2016 - For anyone looking for a gluten-free meal that is also lower carb and higher protein, this recipe fits the bill nicely.
- 8-10 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 large can (24 to 28 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 head escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1 wedge Romano cheese, for shaving
- Sea salt and pepper
- Steamed rice
Heat oven to medium-high.
Pat the chicken dry and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken, turning, for 12 minutes each side.
Drizzle half of the lemon juice over the chicken as it comes out of the oven.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, rosemary and thyme for a minute.
Add the escarole and wilt in the pan; season with salt, and pepper. Add the stock and beans and simmer until the greens are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and remaining lemon juice.
Serve the beans and greens in shallow bowls or on rimmed plates; top with 2 pieces of chicken each.
Shave the cheese over the top. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Serve with steamed rice, or with your favorite gluten-free corn bread.