I've been learning to love one pot, slow cook meals lately, and this southwest-inspired chicken dish is one of the results.
Just prepare some rice, and you're ready for an easy, delicious dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 15 ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 15 ounce jar or can green or red salsa
- 8 ounce canned green chiles, drained
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- cilantro, chopped as garnish
- avocado wedges, as desired
- lime wedges as garnish
- radishes as garnish
- Cotija cheese as garnish
Put 4 boneless chicken breasts put into in a crock pot. If frozen, allow an extra hour or so to fully cook.
Add drained corn, black beans, green chiles and spices, and a dash of salt and pepper.
Cook on high for about 4 hours, or on low for about 8 hours, until chicken is cooked.
Right at the end, stir in sour cream.
Top with cilantro, avocado and garnish with extra cheese, lime and radishes as desired, and serve over rice.
- Articles linking to this article: SAUSAGES WITH WHITE BEANS, SPINACH & ROASTED CAULIFLOWER (GLUTEN-FREE)