Celiac.com 02/25/2017 - Here's a great recipe for game day or for grill day. These sweet and spicy chicken wings will hit the spot. Various kinds of pepper dance with honey and garlic to deliver this surefire hit.
- 5 pounds chicken wings, wingtips removed
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 medium cloves garlic, smashed to a paste with a little salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup honey, room temperature
- kosher salt
Lay the chicken wings out on a baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add all ingredients, except honey and stir until mixed.
Add honey and stir until mixed and evenly coated.
Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for up to overnight.
Heat the oven to 375F.
Spread the wings evenly in a large roasting pan or baking sheet.
Roast, uncovered, until they are nicely browned and crisp, about 1 hour.
Turn as needed.