Summertime is around the corner, and that means it's time to fire up the grill and start cooking outside.
This recipe is fast, easy and as delicious as it is exotic. Stun and please your guests in a single gesture with this quick and easy recipe.
- 2 sashimi grade tuna steaks, about 8 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste (I use S&B in a tube)
- â…“ cup black sesame seeds, toasted
- â…“ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
Coat tuna lightly with salt OR gluten-free soy sauce (tamari). Let rest for 30 minutes.
Rub wasabi over entire tuna steak. Use more wasabi as needed, or desired.
Lightly toast sesame seeds in a pan.
Pour toasted sesame seeds onto a paper plate or into a bowl.
Roll tuna steaks in sesame seeds until completely coated.
Heat grill to 500 degrees F. Place on grill just long enough to sear, then flip and briefly sear second side. Remove from grill.
Tuna steaks should be rare! If anyone asks for theirs to be well-done, threaten to send them to bed without supper!
Serve with corn on the cob, and grilled asparagus (See below)
Note: If you don't have a grill, then coat a frying pan with sesame oil and get it very hot. Sear each side of the tuna briefly, so it is still rare and red in the center.
- 1 dozen asparagus spears, washed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
Place asparagus and other ingredients in a plastic bag. Close tightly and shake until asparagus is well-coated. Grill briefly and remove when done. Serve along side the tuna steaks.