Pad Thai is the perfect Asian dish to make when you want to add a slightly spicy and tangy taste to your dinner.
- 4 Tbsp. organic almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup San J gluten free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cashews, crushed
- 1/6 tsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare rice noodles, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine almond butter, honey, gluten free soy sauce, orange juice, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In wok, stir fry garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add remaining oil and onions; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter mixture, chili powder, bean sprouts, and noodles. Continue to mix until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to serving dishes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh ginger, scallions, ground flax seeds, cashews, orange zest and fresh basil. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Articles linking to this article: SWEET & SOUR SAUCE (GLUTEN-FREE)