Celiac.com 06/18/2013 - I have a special love for tasty, satisfying dishes that come together and clean up easily. I especially like dishes that can be served over rice.
You can usually get the cooking wine at an Asian grocery store, but you can use any dry sherry or cooking wine in a pinch.
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot, corn starch, or potato starch
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ½ pound snow peas, strings removed
- ½ pound of oyster, trumpet, brown, or other mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons dark roasted sesame oil
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade, then add the shrimp, and toss gently until well coated. Put aside for 15 to 20 minutes as you clean and slice the mushrooms, de-string peas, and mince the ginger, and slice the garlic.
Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and garlic and toss to combine. Stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the mushrooms and stir for 20 seconds or so.
Add the shrimp and all the marinade to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape out all the marinade. Add the snow peas, soy sauce and chicken stock.
Stir-fry until the shrimp turns pink, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions and stir-fry 1 more minute.
Turn off the heat and add the sesame oil. Toss to combine once more and serve with steamed rice.
- Articles linking to this article: SHRIMP EGG/SPRING ROLLS (EGG-LESS) / SWEET, HOT & SOUR SAUCE (GLUTEN-FREE)