Celiac.com 05/20/2015 - This delightful recipe blends brown sugar, spices, soy and Worcestershire sauces to deliver a sticky, delicious chicken that makes for a tasty departure from the usual dinner.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in or boneless
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup potato starch or tapioca flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
Wash and dry the chicken.
In a bowl, blend potato starch or tapioca flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and ginger powder.
Coat chicken by dredging it in the flour and spice mixture.
Arrange coated chicken skin side up in a single layer in baking pan.
Roast, uncovered, at 200 F., for 1 hour.
Drain away any pan drippings.
Mix water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and tamari in a pot, and heat over a low flame.
When sugar is melted, spoon it over the baked chicken.
Raise oven temperature to 250 F., and bake chicken for another 2 hours, or until chicken is fully-cooked and well-glazed.
Baste and turn at least time for a nice, even glaze.
Serve warm with rice and favorite vegetables.