Buy a whole chicken breast (complete with both sides still attached) or carve out the chicken breast for a whole chicken.
Take the top piece of the plastic off of the chicken and you need to add your ham and Swiss cheese to one end of the chicken.
I would shoot for about 3 - 4 inches in the center and about 1 inch high and 2 inches wide. If you have a bigger breast you will be able to make it bigger. You have to make sure you can close the meat and cheese up with chicken so it will not leak out during cooking.
Roll the end pieces over the ham and cheese first and tuck it in well. Roll it up the rest of the way and try to make sure it is tucked in well. Try to keep the chicken as tight as you can when you do roll it up.
Place your chicken on a pan and place it in the Freezer to freeze up the chicken and make it easier to handle in the next step.
You will need 3 bowls.
- Seasoned all purpose gluten-free flour.
- Eggs (enough to cover and coat the chicken).
- You’re special gluten-free breading (from below) or your own seasoned gluten-free bread crumbs.
Your breading is corn meal, crunched up potato chips (I roll a can over the potato chips while they are in a plastic bag) flour mix, seasoning.
Pre heat your frying oil to 350 deg F. has to be enough oil to be able to cover your product.
Now that your chicken is close to solid frozen you pull it out and dip it in the:
- Flour mix bowl coating it evenly and then shaking off the extra.
- Put in the eggs and turning it until it is fully coated. Let the extra run off.
- Putting it in you breading mix. Coat every where, very well so no cheese melts out when it does go in the fryer.
- You get them all coated then place it in the oil until it is cooked light brown, probably only doing one at a time to be safe. I cook in a basket but you also can use tongs to pull the meat out.
- Place the chicken in a pan and cook in your pre heated oven 350F until the center is 165 F.