Celiac.com 06/16/2017 - One nice thing about spring is that one day you can be cooking outside, and the next, it's cold again. It was snowing in Denver recently, so I figure an easy, tasty slow-cook dish is still good to have on hand.
- 1 Pork shoulder (about 2.5 pounds)
- 1 jar gluten-free sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce, as garnish
Rinse and dry the pork shoulder, and place in a plastic bag.
To the bag, add sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup or brown sugar.
Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, pour ingredients into the slow cooker on low setting, and cook for 5–8 hours.
Throw down some garlic mashed potatoes and a simple green vegetable, like green beans, garnish with apple sauce and serve.