Celiac.com 05/08/2014 - I love enchiladas, and I love soup, so this recipe was a natural.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs and legs
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes including juice (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 can gluten-free enchilada sauce (10 ounces)
- 1 can diced green chiles (4 ounces)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, as desired
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sliced fresh cabbage
- ⅓ cup sliced radishes
- 1 whole avocado, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 4 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lime wedges
Sliced and soak radishes to mellow them a bit.
Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs and legs, then place into the bottom of a slow cooker.
Add the corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, cumin, cilantro, bay leaf, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
Cook on Low for 6 hours.
Remove meat from chicken from the pot and remove bones from chicken.
Transfer the chicken meat to a large plate, then shred the it with two forks.
Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Top with crunched tortilla chips, crumble Cotija cheese, avocado, sliced cabbage, lime wedges and radishes.