Celiac.com 06/16/2018 - Summer is the time for chips and salsa. This fresh salsa recipe relies on cabbage, yes, cabbage, as a secret ingredient. The cabbage brings a delicious flavor and helps the salsa hold together nicely for scooping with your favorite chips. The result is a fresh, tasty salsa that goes great with guacamole.
- 3 cups ripe fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Purée all ingredients together in a blender.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as desired.
Serve is a bowl with tortilla chips and guacamole.
- Articles linking to this article: Fresh Peach and Roasted Tomato Salsa (Gluten-Free)