If you're looking for a seasonal twist on a familiar favorite, then these zesty pumpkin quesadillas might be just the ticket.
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces of salsa of choice
Toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Toss until toasted. Set aside.
In bowl, stir pumpkin and cumin; season.
Spread very thinly over 8 corn tortillas.
Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
Top with remaining tortillas.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to medium.
Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning once and adding more oil between batches, until browned, about 3 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve with salsa of choice, chopped cilantro, as desired, and sliced avocado.