Celiac.com 07/02/2013 - This wonderful stuffed mushroom recipe makes a perfect appetizer for that perfect dinner experience!
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 16 large button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Go Veggie! Vegan Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- 2 Tbsp. Go Veggie! Vegan Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop mushroom stems into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic with chopped mushroom stems over medium heat for 4 minutes or until garlic starts to brown. Add pecans, salsa, Go Veggie Cheddar Cheese Shreds, Go Veggie Parmesan and sea salt; cook for 3 more minutes. Add cooked quinoa and continue to cook, gently stirring for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to empty mushroom caps. Top with parsley and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm with additional Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!