Celiac.com 07/21/2015 - This summer vegetable medley is just an assortment of my favorite vegetables, seasoned and grilled. They make a great addition to any grilled meat or fish, and are always popular at cookouts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh brown mushrooms tops, cleaned, stem removed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and sliced into wide slices
- 6 fresh green zucchinis, sliced ¼-inch thick, lengthwise
- 6 fresh yellow zucchinis, sliced ¼-inch thick, lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (recipe below)
In a mixing bowl, toss vegetables with oil until well-coated.
Add grill seasoning, and toss again, making sure vegetables are well-coated with seasoning.
Using tongs, place vegetables on a medium hot grill.
Cook until vegetables are well-seared, but tender. Be sure to flip them midway through to cook each side.
Serve with rice and fish or meat of choice.
Gluten-Free Grill Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Mix all ingredients together well and store in an airtight container.
Use it for anything you're grilling or when you're looking for a grilled taste.
Vary ingredients as desired, keeping basic ingredient ratios in mind.