Celiac.com 08/26/2014 - Entertaining for a celebration? Try this quick gluten-free dip to go with veggies, gluten-free bread or gluten-free crackers!
- 1 large bell pepper, any color
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon fresh sweet red onion, chopped super fine
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Kale, baby greens or mint and a platter
- Your favorite dipping selections
- Wash Bell pepper, slice ¼ off top. Clean out seeds and rinse. Set aside.
- Next in a blender add the spinach, red onion, sour cream and blend just until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Mix in cottage cheese and lemon juice. Season the mixture with red pepper flakes or cayenne, then the salt and pepper. Put the dip into the bell pepper.
- Place kale, baby greens or mint on platter. Put the bell pepper filled with dip in the center. Arrange dipping selections around bell pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!