Celiac.com 01/06/2015 - This recipe makes a tasty, festive multi-layer bean dip that will have your guests smiling and asking for more. The recipe is pretty flexible, so feel free to adjust ingredients to suit your tastes and desires.
- 2½ cans refried beans
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- ½ cup of tomato salsa of choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) gluten-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped w/ seeds removed
- Tortilla chips
Mix salsa into bean dip and spread over a large serving plate.
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over the bean layer.
In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over sour cream layer.
Sprinkle with cheese, and top with olives, onions and tomato.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Mix ingredients in a bowl and place in a jar to use as needed.