Celiac.com 07/20/2016 - Asian-style chicken salad makes a light, refreshing summer treat. Here's a great recipe for a tasty easy-to-make chicken salad that is also light and refreshing.
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage, lightly chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, lightly chopped
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small chunks
- ½ cup celery, finely sliced
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts, optional
- â…“ cup fresh lime juice, from about 5 limes
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce (Ingredients should be fish, salt, water, NO hydrolyzed wheat protein)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a few drops of gluten-free soy sauce
In a large salad bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients except for the peanuts.
In a separate bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing; whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Right before serving, toss the dressing with the salad.
Transfer to a serving bowl and chill for thirty minutes.
Garnish with the peanuts, and serve cold.