This is a wonderful soup for a cold Winter's day, enjoy it with your favorite gluten-free crackers!
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 1 large sweet white onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups green tea, brewed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried lavender
- 12 macadamia nuts, crushed
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, spinach and zucchini; cook until onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Add mint, orange zest and quinoa; cook for another minute.
- Add green tea; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Add sea salt, pepper, avocado, curry powder and dried lavender.
- Add spinach and green tea mixture with macadamia nuts in a food processor. Puree until smooth; serve immediately.